How does a chicken breast coated in breadcrumbs and oozing with cheese and marinara sauce sound? Absolutely mouth-watering right? Let’s learn how to make it!
There are quite a few ways to cook a chicken breast, but perhaps the best of them all is stuffing it with mozzarella, breading, and baking it. Do that, and you have an amazing dish called Chicken Parmesan! To make it even easier, you could just use some store-bought marinara sauce. Chicken Parm is a chicken recipe that is astonishingly simple to make, and tastes like heaven, you will thank yourself for making it for dinner! You can serve it on pasta, rice, or even with some salad on the side to keep the meal light.
• 2 medium chicken breasts
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• Pinch of salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
• 3 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
• 1.5 tbsp olive oil + more, as needed
• 1 cup marinara sauce (homemade or store-bought)
• 86 gm mozzarella cheese, divided and shredded
• Few finely chopped basil leaves
1. Slit the chicken breasts taking care not to cut all the way through. Then cover them in clingfilm and pound on them a few times with a heavy object to flatten them.
2. Season both with salt and pepper per your taste. Fill the slits with around 3-4 tbsp of mozzarella cheese and close the edges.
3. Take 3 bowls, pour the flour in one, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in the second one, and then beat one egg in
the third bowl.
4. Take one breast, dip it in flour, and dust off the excess. Dip it into the egg and then dredge it into the breadcrumbs, carefully coating it from all sides. Repeat the same with the other breast.
5. Take a large deep pan suitable for shallow frying and add 1.5 tbsp of olive oil into the pan. Once the oil is hot enough, add the chicken breasts, leaving a little space in between, and cook both sides for 4 minutes per side, or just until golden brown.
6. Take a baking pan and pour a thin layer of the marinara sauce into it. Place the chicken and pour the rest of the marinara around it and on the chicken as well. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top and bake uncovered at 200?C for 15 20 minutes. Use the freshly chopped basil to garnish and serve on some spaghetti or on rice.