The ’70s Maxi Skirt Trend Is Back In A Big Way In Summer 2023, And We Couldn’t Stop Ourselves From Wrapping This Trend In A Flowy Way. So, Without Any Further Ado, Rock This Floor-Sweeping Trend To The Best!
Summer is all about breathable fashion options, and fashion weeks showed us exactly how to transition our wardrobe as we head into the warmest season. Last season, several designers presented their reinterpretations of this timeless piece on their spring-summer 2023 runways. From which, several stylish stars have already embraced this 1970s practical and lightweight trend, so expect to start seeing them everywhere. It’s time to say goodbye to those tight, hard-to-wear skirts of last year because this season, it’s all about the maxi skirt which are roomy, ethereal, and light.
The upside of any maxi skirt is that it can be styled with almost anything, creating a vibe that is both breezy and chic while allowing the wearer to step up their fashion game without suffering from the summer heat. Although maxis frequently crop up on the red carpet, some stars wear them every day, too. So, shelve your midi skirts and minis – it is all about the maxi skirt and oh boy, its comeback was long overdue. As we last saw the maxi skirt trending in the early 60s or 70s, where skirt lengths were at the extreme; it was either the tiniest nano skirt in clueless checks, or a grungy heel-grazing maxi. So, let’s get right into the versatile affair of 2023’s maxi skirt.
1. CHRISTOPHER ESBER, Ruched Maxi Skirt, approx. Rs. 60,920
2. PUCCI, One -Shoulder printed cotton-voile top, approx. Rs. 1,23,300
3. GUCCI, Plastique logo-embossed rubber mules, approx. Rs. 37,080
4. GUCCI, Metallic printed silk-teill scarf, approx. Rs. 15,980
5. DIOR EYEWARE, Dior pacific B1U cat-eye acetate sunglasses, approx. Rs. 55,570
1. Alex Perry, Hudson cut- vout wraparound top, approx. Rs. 99,990
2. MISSONI, Striped maxi skirt, approx. Rs. 58,440
3. DOLCE & GABBANA, fringed embellished sandals, approx. Rs. 4,19,660
4. DOLCE & GABBANA, Glass Crystal Knuckleduster Ring, approx. Rs. 1,13,240
5. SERPUI, Lauren crabs and balls bucket bag, approx. Rs. 1,07,130
1. DOLCE & GABBANA, KIM DOLCE&GABBANA Organzine top, approx. Rs. 1,31,840
2. A.W.A.K.E. MODE, Circle Maxi Skirt, approx. Rs. 1,35,230
3. SAINT LAURENT, Silver – tone crystal clip earrings, approx. Rs. 1,25,240
4. VALENTINO GARAVANI, VSLING embellished leather shoulder bag, approx. Rs. 6,31,270
5. Magda Butrym, 105mm rose – embellished satin sandals, approx. Rs. 2,26,070
1. ROSIE ASSOULIN, Pleated maxi skirt, approx. Rs. 66,130
2. ROSIE ASSOULIN, Pleated cropped blouse, approx. Rs. 1,00,930
3. BOTTEGA VENETA, Leather mules, approx. Rs. 1,12,520
4. BEGÜM KHAN, Evil Eye gold – plated root emerald cuff, approx. Rs. 1,51,090
5. SAINT LAURENT, Cassandra Plexiglas shoulder bag, approx. Rs. 3,24,370