When talking about pride month and the LGBTQ community, a few names cannot be left out. We picked out the best names from the fashion industry who also belonged to the LGBTQ community. Read on to own some of their most gorgeous apparel.
The LGBTQ community has had to fight tooth-and-nail for acceptance, and although their journey is far from over, their effort has started paying them their dividends. The fashion industry too saw many great creators and designers who were members of the community. A lot of them went on to become some of the most famous names in the industry
Since June is known the world over as Pride month – extending from 1st June to 30th June – we wanted to pay homage to the community. The fight for inclusion and acceptance is still going on and to acknowledge the efforts of the community, we picked out the LGBTQ designers credited with revolutionizing the fashion world through their creations. And, as a tribute, we have picked out one piece of apparel from each designer’s collection and curated a series of matching products to be worn with it.
1. GIANNI VERSACE: ACID BOUQUET FOULARD DRESS
- VERSACE, Acid bouquet foulard dress, approx. Rs. 2,15,500
- SALVATORE FERRAGAMO, Creations calipso 1956 satin-trimmed metallic leather sandals, approx. Rs. 1,93,720
- MESSIKA, Move Uno 18-karat white gold diamond earrings, Rs. 1,54,120
- THE ATTICO, Large leather-trimmed satin clutch, approx.
- JIA JIA, Set of two 14-karat gold, sapphire and emerald bracelets, approx. Rs. 51,110
2. ALEXANDER MCQUEEN: STORM PRINT OPEN BACK MIDI DRESS IN BLACK
- ALEXANDER MCQUEEN, Storm print open back midi dress in black, approx. Rs. 3,47,700
- SOPHIE BUHAI, Coquille silver onyx choker, approx. Rs. 2,63,450
- ROGER VIVIER, Viv’ choc mini embellished satin clutch, approx.
- JIMMY CHOO, Mugler crystal-embellished PVC and patent-leather sandals, approx. Rs. 1,51,010
- CAROLINA BUCCI, Florentine 18-karat white gold hoop earrings, approx. Rs. 1,46,330
3. TOM FORD: EMBROIDERED ONE-SHOULDER CHAIN GOWN
- TOM FORD, Embroidered one shoulder chain gown, approx. Rs. 18,98,260
- YEPREM, 18-karat white gold diamond earrings, approx.
- CHANEL, 2.55 handbag, Metallic Crumpled Calfskin & Gold-Tone Metal Light Gold, approx. Rs. 6,84,960
- JIMMY CHOO, Thyra 100, approx. Rs. 1,00,740
- LOEWE, Nappa twist rhodium plated cuff, approx. Rs. 88,670
4. YVES SAINT LAURENT: LONG BACKLESS DRESS IN CREPE VISCOSE
- YVES SAINT LAURENT, Long backless dress in crepe viscose, approx. Rs. 4,16,990
- RETROUVAÍ, Puzzle 14-karat gold, onyx and diamond necklace, approx. Rs. 3,55,060
- CHOPARD, Happy hearts 18-karat rose gold, diamond and onyx earrings, approx. Rs. 2,68,720
- BALENCIAGA, Le Cagole mini studded crinkled-leather shoulder bag, approx. Rs. 1,05,080
- BALMAIN, Black and gold suede Uta sandals, approx.
5. VALENTINO: SHORT EMBROIDERED ORGANZA DRESS
- VALENTINO GARAVANI, Short embroidered organza dress, approx. Rs. 5,32,610
2. CHANEL, Chanel 19 handbag, lambskin, gold-tone, silver-tone & ruthenium finish metal white, approx. Rs. 4,41,580
3. ALMASIKA, Le Cauri 18-karat gold diamond ring, approx.
4. RENÉ CAOVILLA, High grey sandals supercleo, approx.
5. OF RARE ORIGIN, Hedera gold vermeil pearl earrings, approx. Rs. 89,090
6. JACQUEMUS: LA ROBE SAUDADE LONGUE
1. JACQUEMUS, La robe saudade longue, approx. Rs. 60,660
- JIMMY CHOO, Clemmie crystal-embellished metallic leather clutch, approx. Rs. 1,51,780
- STONE AND STRAND, Let it slide diamond tennis bracelet, approx. Rs. 1,04,980
- GIANVITO ROSSI, Montecarlo d’orsay, approx. Rs. 89,040
- ROXANNE FIRST, 14-karat gold diamond single hoop earring, approx. Rs. 38,920
7. HUBERT DE GIVENCHY: DRESS IN CREPE BACK SATIN WITH CHAIN
- GIVENCHY, Dress in crepe back satin with chain, approx.
2. ROXANNE FIRST, 14-karat rose gold sapphire bracelet, approx. Rs. 2,29,230
3. ANDREA FOHRMAN, Round rose de france earrings, approx. Rs. 1,86,640
4. BOTTEGA VENETA, Arco small intrecciato leather tote, approx. Rs. 1,76,200
5. JIMMY CHOO, Sacora 100 faux pearl-embellished satin sandals, approx. Rs. 1,32,730
8. GIORGIO ARMANI: LONG, DOUBLE SILK-SATIN DRESS
- GIORGIO ARMANI, Long, double silk-satin dress, approx. Rs. 3,22,720
2. JUDITH LEIBER COUTURE, Turntable Scratch crystal-embellished goldtone clutch, approx. Rs. 4,09,130
3. MESSIKA, My Twin Toi & Moi Thin Bangle Bracelet 0,15ct x2, approx. Rs. 2,39,770
4. SUZANNE KALAN, 18-karat white gold diamond earrings, approx. Rs. 1,88,360
5. AMINA MUADDI, Yigit silk-satin platform pumps, approx. Rs. 95,150