Although The Name Of This Outlandish Cocktail, That We’re About To Introduce You To, Is Only Flowery And Upbeat, The Taste Will Surely Take You To A Realm Of Pleasantness.
Long gone are the days when drink lovers ran away from trying contemporary and exquisite drinks. However, some drinks instantly become huge hits after they debut, while others take some time to come back stronger and better. The Pink Lady is one of them.
The enticing cocktail was dismissed for years as a joke drink by those who couldn’t handle the real stuff because it was too delicate and served in a delicate cocktail glass. No one’s to blame for it; the name is nothing but flowery and buoyant, and it has a pink appearance that hardly connotes the concept of a firm drink.
The amalgamation of unique ingredients is what makes it even more special. The Pink Lady is made using gin as the base spirit, lemon juice for tartness, egg white for the body, and a hint of grenadine to both sweeten and colour this drink. However, the Pink Lady needs further fortification, which is where a small amount of applejack comes in. And thus, here we present you this eccentric drink for your next party!
The Pink Lady Cocktail
• 1 1?2 ounces of London Dry gin
• 1?2 ounce of Applejack
• 3?4 ounces of freshly squeezed lemon juice for tanginess
• 4 dashes of grenadine to intensify the taste
• White of 1 egg
• Brandied cherry or lemon wheel for garnish
1. Since the froth of the egg makes it extra special, it is crucial to emulsify the egg white. To attain this, combine the egg white in a cocktail shaker and shake it vigorously, without ice, for at least 10 seconds.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients Once the egg white is nice and frothy.
3. Add lots of ice and shake the ingredients again for at least 10 seconds to see the magic happen.
4. Now, strain the drink into a chilled cocktail glass.
5. If you want, you can garnish the drink with a cherry or a lemon wheel.
6. Your Pink Lady drink is ready to be served chilled.