Who doesn’t love to wear black? Especially in winter? If you too love to wear all black everything, then read on to find some styling inspiration.
Have a love for black that was quelled by the adults around you claiming it is the colour of evil and spells doom? Or you might have been told that black is what you wear to funerals since it is a colour for all things sad and sullen. If you still secretly nurture a love for all things black, we are here for you. We are sure that everyone who spent their precious time propagating such outdated stereotypes never really knew how to style the colour black. But, dear readers, you’re in luck because that is not the case with us here at L’Officiel. We know how to perfectly style black outfits and we also know that all-black everything is the latest trend going around. A combination of strong silhouettes and vampy cut-outs as well as high-shine fabrics, the goth aesthetic has been reigning supreme in everyone’s wardrobe this season and we are here for it! We’re hopeful that you’ve managed to shed these beliefs because there are countless ways to style all black and look absolutely gorgeous. It may sound simple enough as pairing a black top with a black bottom, but that’s not it at all. You need to bring in your A-game and listen to your styling instincts to ensure you don’t end up looking drab and dull. You could pair your black tee and jeans with black accessories to create a truly classic all-black ensemble. Or accessorise with one item in a contrasting colour to break the monotonous quality of the outfit – ensure the colours are bright since they enhance the dominant shade of the outfit. The easiest would be to wear a little black dress that is a statement piece in its own right. Go for two pieces, and mix textures to get a chic look. Another tip is to combine different shades of black. When you’re wearing a single colour, your body shape and the shape of your garments become more obvious. So, to avoid any awkward jutting out of shapes, be careful of your body type and shape when curating your outfits. The styling possibilities are truly endless so we’re sure you’re going to actually enjoy creating your outfits. A perfectly styled all-black outfit will make sure you set some serious fashion statements and is the classic way to rock monochrome outfits. With the style options available to you these days, going over to the dark side has never felt so good. So come on, accompany us on our trip to the dark side – we guarantee you will emerge looking stunning enough to turn heads everywhere you go.
1. GETTING A LITTLE PANTSY
1. GABRIELA HEARST, Glass guipure lace-trimmed wool and silk-blend bodysuit, approx. Rs. 2,25,710
2. THE ROW, Idra stretch-crepe straight-leg pants, approx. Rs. 1,39,310
3. DRIES VAN NOTEN, Gathered leather shoulder bag, approx. Rs. 1,48,370
4. KHAITE, Dallas leather ankle boots, approx. Rs. 1,04,140
5. VALENTINO, Valentino Garavani VLOGO leather belt, approx. Rs. 60,570
2. LIKE A GREEK GODDESS
1.VALENTINO, One-shoulder cut out silk-cady gown, approx. Rs. 7,37,210
2. VALENTINO, Valentino Garavani Roman Stud leather sandals, approx. Rs. 1,19,930
3. JACQUEMUS, Le Chiquito Moyen mini leather tote, approx. Rs. 90,190
4. REPOSSI, Antifer 18-karat black gold-washed diamond ring, approx. Rs. 11,69,550
5. FRED LEIGHTON, Collection 18-karat white gold, jade and diamond necklace, approx. Rs. 23,45,410
3. CUT-OUTS MAKE THINGS BETTER
1. TOM FORD, Paneled velvet and tulle maxi dress, approx. Rs. 4,54,750
2. VALENTINO, Valentino Garavani One Stud micro padded leather shoulder bag, approx. Rs. 1,58,370
3.ALAÏA, Cœur 90 PU and patent-leather point-toe mules, approx. Rs. 1,26,390
4. SAINT LAURENT, Opyum leather and gold-tone bracelet, approx. Rs. 1,15,920
5. CARTIER EYEWEAR, Première aviator-style gold-tone and acetate sunglasses, approx. Rs. 1,15,520
4. THE LITTLE BLACK DRESS
1. BALMAIN, Ribbed velour mini dress, approx. Rs. 3,00,620
2. ALEXANDER MCQUEEN, Embellished croc-effect leather shoulder bag, approx. Rs. 1,99,210
3. VALENTINO, Valentino Garavani Tan-Go 155 leather platform ankle boots, approx. Rs. 2,15,680
4. SAINT LAURENT, Silver-tone, crystal and enamel clip earrings, approx. Rs. 1,66,540
5. BEGÜM KHAN, Macakizi gold-plated crystal necklace, approx. Rs. 99,700
5. CAUGHT THE CARGO FEVER
1. SAINT LAURENT, Open-back ruched satin blouse, approx.
2. TOM FORD, Satin straight-leg cargo pants, approx.
3. CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN, So Me 100 studded leather sandals, approx. Rs. 1,10,100
4. STELLA MCCARTNEY, Falabella mini vegetarian brushed-leather shoulder bag, approx. Rs. 84,460
5. BY PARIAH, Zodiac Capricorn 9- and 14-karat gold onyx necklace, approx. Rs. 1,24,780