Nothing Speaks Healthy Like A Greek Dish On Your Table. Looking At This Dish is Easy But We Will Tell You How to Make It!
Food has been the basis of mankind since the very beginning. It’s the primal need that organisms survive upon – making it a necessity. But who said the necessities have to taste bad? Not by any means should you be tasting bad food just because you need it to survive. Due to evolution and the result of years of experimentation – humans now know how to please the tongue. It is definitely the most difficult task that one can conquer but surely is amazing. But one thing that we have forgotten in this race of pleasing our tongue is that food should also please our body. If food is the first reason for our existence – then an unhealthy diet is the first reason for our deaths. Let’s make the world a great place by eating this healthy version of a Greek delicacy!
- Olive Oil & Cooking Oil Spray
- Aubergines Eggplant – 2 large (½cm Slices)
- Salt (Freshly grated)
- Onion – 1 (Diced)
- Olive Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Minced Lamb – ½ Kg
- Tomatoes (Chopped) – 400g
- Garlic Clove – 1 (Crushed)
- Tomato Puree – 1 Tbsp
- Dried Oregano – ½ Tbsp
- Ground Cumin – ¼ Tbsp
- Ground Cinnamon – ½ Tbsp
- Black Pepper – ¼ Tbsp
- Eggs (Lightly Beaten) – 2
- Greek yoghurt (Low Fat Recommended) – 180 Ml
- Mozzarella Cheese (Grated) – 100G
How to Prepare -:
- Start by preheating the oven at 190 Degree Celsius. Take the baking tray and cover it with foil. Now spray the olive oil and place sliced Aubergines Eggplants. After placing them, spray the cooking oil and use some salt water on top. Roast them in the oven for 10 minutes on each side.
- Simultaneously, take a pan and spray it with olive oil. Sauté the onions in the pan quickly and then add the meat. Cook until it turns brown and keeps breaking it as it gets soft. Do this for 5 minutes and then add garlic and continue cooking for another 45-60 seconds.
- For the sauce, put tomato puree, tomatoes, dried oregano, black pepper, and cumin together. Keep stirring and cooking this mixture for about 10 minutes until it becomes a thick paste.
- For serving this dish, take a hot case or casserole and spray it with olive oil. Start by arranging the roasted Aubergines Eggplants at the bottom – followed by the sautéed onion, meat, and garlic – and then another layer of roasted Aubergines Eggplants.
- Whisk eggs and yoghurt separately for garnishing and top the Moussaka with it. You can also use some cheese. Now pour the sauce on top and bake for 18-22 minutes until you see that it has softened.
- Serve it hot with cheese bubbles on top. Usually, this dish is cut into 4-6 pieces for better taste.