Not just any typical love story but we got fortunate enough to get these two turtle doves to have a lively conversation with us, read on!
You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams and that’s how we feel about our Hommes Cover Stars this month. Belinda and Christian are two people madly in love nailing the music industry individually, it is absolutely spectacular. One thing we picked up from them and all lovers should is people in love don’t have to be same, they can teach each other about their different points of view and tastes. From their music career, Belindas acting front, and their future plans together and in the industry, we discussed all of it in a witty conversation. Know all about it here!
1. Congratulations on the engagement! Can you tell me the story of how you both met?
Belinda: We met during The Voice Mexico, which we worked on for two months. Seeing each other every day, we started to get to know one another. It was like any other relationship but more intense because we were working all the time.
2. Both of you are very successful Latin artists. Belinda, you’re not only a singer but an actress and a model as well. Considering your prolonged career, do you also mentor Christian since he is still new to the industry?
Belinda: I try to do my best to help in whatever things I can. He’s very secure, and he knows what he does in his work. He barely asks me for help or advice, but he’s very clear about what he wants and what he likes. He knows what he’s doing.
I don’t try to take what people will say to heart, but I do try to keep it real with me and keep it real with my music.
3. Coming from different musical backgrounds, do you ever clash with each other on music?
Belinda: Sometimes, we have very different tastes in music, but that’s also good because we complement each other as well. I teach him about rock bands from the 70s and 80s that I love, like Joy Division, Metallica, U2, and also Coldplay. He teaches me about bands and music that I didn’t know about. We don’t necessarily need to be the same, and it’s good that we have different points of view and tastes.
4. Speaking about collaborations, your new song together, Por El Resto De Tu Vida, is set to release on February 14! Can you give us more details about it? Will there be a music video to go along with it?
Belinda: This song is amazing because it has our lyrics, personality, and essence. The first song we worked on together was Si Nos Dejan,” which was a cover for a very famous soap opera in Mexico and the US for the Latin market. But this song talks about our relationship and what we want in the future. Por El Resto De Tu Vida means for the rest of your life. The song is bolero and has an urban, new sound. It is a mix of different vibes of music and styles that have never been done before in Christian genre of regional Mexican music. We have a music video with it coming, and the song will be released in February on Valentines Day.
People from many countries will see me acting, and I know it will be dubbed in many different languages.
5. Belinda, you have been named the Princess of Latin Pop by the international press and have appeared in various American movies such as The Cheetah Girls 2. How does it feel to represent the Latin community on a global scale like this?
Belinda: It’s a responsibility and honor as well. Cheetah Girls was a great movie, and working with Disney and Kenny Ortega was an amazing experience. I learned a lot from these experiences, and its been an amazing journey.
6. Christian, your music falls under the regional Mexican music genre and is influenced by older styles. What is your approach to keeping this music style alive, especially since you have received critical acclaim for doing so at a young age?
Christian: I feel grateful for my position in Latin music, but I don’t feel the pressure. I make music for fun, love, and passion. I don’t try to take what people will say to heart, but I do try to keep it real with me and keep it real with my music by doing the things that I love to do.
I also have many nice surprises coming up for my fans!
7. Besides your music career, you’re also returning to acting projects with Netflix Belinda! What was it like working on the upcoming Spanish drama series, Bienvenidos a Edn?
Belinda: I cant say much, but I can tell you that its amazing to be the main character of a series. It’s going to be an international series, and I’m sure that everyone will love this project. People from many countries will see me acting, and I know it will be dubbed in many different languages. It’s going to be an exciting moment for me too.
8. One of the props you both modeled with was a HolyPaleta popsicle. Did you have fun modeling with this prop and were you allowed to taste it?
Belinda: I had a very long braid, and Christian was jumping with my hair. It was very fun, and we enjoyed taking pictures with the HolyPaleta ice pops. They were delicious! We were grabbing a bite and posing, but the production team also had to tell me to not finish the popsicle. We were having fun, and we had different flavors in different colors and textures. My favorite was the white chocolate one, but there was also a beautiful one with rose petals.
Christian: Taking photos with the ice cream wasn’t weird. We really enjoyed it! My favorite was the chocolate one.
We don’t necessarily need to be the same, and it’s good that we have different points of view and tastes.
10. What are some projects both of you have coming up?
Christian: In the next eight months, I will be releasing my album Forajido, which means desperado in English. It has really good features and music on it. I will also be touring through Latin America for that album.
Belinda: I’m going to be releasing Bienvenidos a Edn. We also have the Por El Resto De Tu Vida song releasing on February 14. I also have many nice surprises coming up for my fans!
” It was very fun, and we enjoyed taking pictures with the HolyPaleta ice pops. They were delicious!”