From the Land of Pizzas and Vespas, This Delicacy Will Make You Winner on that Christmas Dinner, Check it out!
Is it just us or do you also think that 2021 is over too very soon? Maybe, it’s all of us. 2021 is on the brink of getting over. With this year getting over, jingle bells have started ringing all the way. This year has been a rollercoaster ride with immense lows and highs.
Many things changed this year, but one thing remained the same, our love for food. Humans have always been fond of food. From necessity to a touch of scrumptious on your tongue, every type of food is available for every type of person.
The Merry festival of Christmas is also just around the corner. Bringing joy to everyone’s faces, Santa Claus also takes care of your gut. Let us be your Santa this year because we have definitely got a surprise for your Christmas Eve. Stay Tuned!
Name of The Dish: Xmas Eve Cannelloni
Origin of The Dish: Italy
Time Taken to Prepare: 5-7 Minutes
Best Served: Hot
- All-Purpose Flour
- Melted Butter
- Vegetable Oil (Or any other, as per the preference)
For The Fillings-:
- Frozen Chopped Spinach
- Ricotta Cheese
- Softened Cream Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Chopped Green Onion
- Onion Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Lightly Beaten Eggs
- Marinara Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (As per taste)
Many things changed this year, but one thing remained the same, our love for food. Humans have always been fond of food.
How to Prepare-: (8 Servings)
- Take 4 eggs and salt; whisk them in a bowl until mixed properly. Add flour gradually, along with milk to make a proper smooth batter. Lastly, add the melted butter to the mixture and refrigerate it for around 1 hour.
- Take a small to a medium-sized bowl and simultaneously pre-heat a pan. With the help of a pastry brush, equally, distribute some vegetable oil on the pan so that the mixture doesn’t stick on it. Pour the mixture on the pan and let the Crepe cook until it turns golden brown; flip accordingly until it is cooked completely. Keep brushing the pan with oil as the batter may stick without enough oil.
- Now that the crepe is ready, we can focus on making the filling. Preheat the Oven at around 175oC for around 10-15 Minutes.
- Take a bowl and mix ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, frozen spinach, green onion, onion powder, ½ Tbsp of salt, and 2 eggs until the mixture is ready and thick.
- With the filling now ready, take your baking dish and marinate the base with 1 cup of marinara sauce. Lay the cooked crepe on the base and fill each one with around 3 Tbsp of filling or as per your taste. Now, roll the crepes and repeat the process with one of them.
- If the sauce is left, spread the sauce over the layered Crepes and garnish it with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Now, cook it for around 25-35 Minutes and the perfect Christmas Eve dinner is now ready.
The first crepes are always bad, don’t worry just try once more